Take a shuttle from Waikiki and hike the famous Diamond Head Crater, the most popular hiking trail on Oahu! Enjoy breathtaking views of Waikiki and Honolulu.
The most convenient and reliable shuttle service from Waikiki to Hanauma Bay for a snorkeling tour.
Operation Days: Daily, except Tuesdays, Christmas & New Year’s Day.
Hanauma Bay Snorkeling Tour Times:
- Shuttle Departure Time (from Waikiki): 7 a.m.
- Shuttle Return Time (back in Waikiki): 12:30 p.m.
- Shuttle Departure Time (from Waikiki): 9 a.m.
- Shuttle Return Time (back in Waikiki): 2:30 p.m.
- Shuttle Departure Time (from Waikiki): 11 a.m.
- Shuttle Return Time (back in Waikiki): 4 p.m.
- Shuttle Departure Time (from Waikiki): 1 p.m.
- Shuttle Return Time (back in Waikiki): 5:15 p.m.
Description/Overview: With its diverse population of marine life, as well as a large and rich coral reef, Hanauma Bay was declared an official protected Marine Life Conservation Area and underwater park in 1967, making this stunning natural wonder a “must see!” For anyone wanting to experience the best of Oahu, this is a tour that should not be missed!
Within the bay’s calm waters, you can swim through a coral reef with more than 450 species of vibrant tropical fish, a quarter of which are native to Hawaii.
Past customer Marcus writes, “The water is very clear once you get away from the beach. … You can feel the waves but it is a very easy swim.”
Tour package: Includes round-trip transportation from Waikiki (about 30 minutes each way), professional-grade, sanitized equipment (silicon-tempered mask, J-type snorkel, and endurance vinyl acetate fins), and expert instruction. Mask defogger is also available upon request.
Interested in other tours by Kaimana Tours?
Check out our “Combo Tours” section where you can do these tours together!
- Diamond Head & Hanauma Bay (Land & Sea)
- Makapu’u Lighthouse & Hanauma Bay (Water Lovers)
- Manoa Waterfall & Hanauma Bay (Tropical Adventure)
- Diamond Head, Makapu’u Lighthouse & Hanauma Bay (Triple Play Package)
Note: the $7.50 admission charge to Hanauma Bay is not included. The entrance fee is waived for children under 13, members of the military (ID required), and for residents of Hawaii with proof of residency.
Optional snorkeling accessories are available for an additional cost – including underwater cameras, dry snorkels, corrective lens masks, and flotation vests – or you can bring your own gear if you prefer.
Inclusions: Round-trip transportation from Waikiki with snorkel equipment.
What to Bring & What to Wear: Cash for the entrance fee, swimsuit, a towel, sunscreen, hat, and sunglasses recommended.
As a courtesy reminder please do not eat food in our shuttle and/or bring any drinks to be consumed inside.
Why book a shuttle?
Depending on the season and weather conditions, the Hanauma Bay parking lot usually fills up around 7:30 a.m., so it’s highly recommended to take a shuttle there instead of driving!
If you do not need the shuttle:
Please book under the “Snorkel Gear & Beach Rental” section that will provide you with the basic snorkel set.
Terms & Conditions
- Drinks and food are available for purchase at the park.
- Optional snorkeling accessories are available for an additional cost: Underwater cameras, dry snorkels, prescription masks, and flotation vests.
- Hanauma Bay State Park requires that all visitors watch a 10-minute video about safety and conservation.
- Our snorkeling tour in Hanauma Bay goes rain or shine.
- Tour can be subject to cancellation if the weather is extreme.
- Any loss or damage to the snorkeling equipment is subject to charge.
Cancellation Policy: Any changes or cancellations must be made at least 24 hours prior to your reservation. Failure to cancel in less than 24 hours before your scheduled tour will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount onto your CREDIT CARD. To cancel, please call Kaimana Tours at (808) 392-2223 or (808) 230-0023, or email us at [email protected] Every canceled tour will receive a cancellation confirmation email.
Wear your bathing suit when you go to Hanauma Bay for snorkeling.
Admission is collected on location by the State of Hawaii and all proceeds go toward the upkeep of Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve.
No, this is a self-guided tour and you will not have a guide with you.
No, this is mainly a shuttle transport and snorkel equipment rental service. Please be careful and take any responsible precautions if you are not a strong swimmer.
Yes, they are available, but cost an additional fee to be paid upon check-in. Please indicate during booking so we can secure your arrangements.