Take a shuttle from Waikiki and hike the famous Diamond Head Crater, the most popular hiking trail on Oahu! Enjoy breathtaking views of Waikiki and Honolulu.
The most convenient and reliable shuttle service from Waikiki to Hanauma Bay for a snorkeling tour.
Operation Days: Daily, except Tuesdays, Christmas & New Year’s Day.
Hanauma Bay Snorkeling Tour Times:
- Shuttle Departure Time (from Waikiki): 7 a.m.
- Shuttle Return Time (back in Waikiki): 12:30 p.m.
- Shuttle Departure Time (from Waikiki): 9 a.m.
- Shuttle Return Time (back in Waikiki): 2:30 p.m.
- Shuttle Departure Time (from Waikiki): 11 a.m.
- Shuttle Return Time (back in Waikiki): 4 p.m.
- Shuttle Departure Time (from Waikiki): 1 p.m.
- Shuttle Return Time (back in Waikiki): 5:15 p.m.
Description/Overview: Take a round-trip shuttle from your Waikiki hotel to Hanauma Bay with snorkeling gear. Hanauma Bay is a sunken volcanic crater and a protected marine life conservation area. The Bay is one of the world’s best places for beginner snorkelers! Swim among sea turtles and more than 450 species of vibrant tropical fish!
Important: $7.50 admission charge to Hanauma Bay is NOT included. The entrance fee is waived for children under 13, members of the active duty military (ID required), and for residents of Hawaii with proof of residency.
Inclusions: Round-trip transportation from Waikiki with snorkel equipment.
What to Bring & What to Wear: Cash for the entrance fee, swimsuit, a towel, sunscreen, hat, and sunglasses recommended.
As a courtesy reminder please do not bring any food or drinks onto your shuttle.
Why book a shuttle?
Depending on the season and weather conditions, the Hanauma Bay parking lot usually fills up around 7:30 a.m., so it’s highly recommended to take a shuttle there instead of driving!
If you do not need the shuttle:
Please book under the “Snorkel Gear & Beach Rental” section that will provide you with the basic snorkel set.
Terms & Conditions:
- Drinks and food are available for purchase at the park.
- Optional snorkeling accessories are available for an additional cost: Underwater cameras, dry snorkels, prescription masks, and flotation vests.
- Hanauma Bay State Park requires that all visitors watch a 10-minute video about safety and conservation.
- Our snorkeling tour in Hanauma Bay goes rain or shine.
- Tour can be subject to cancellation if the weather is extreme.
- Any loss or damage to the snorkeling equipment is subject to charge.
Cancellation Policy: Any changes or cancellations must be made at least 24 hours prior to your reservation. Failure to cancel in less than 24 hours before your scheduled tour will be subject to a charge of 100% of the total amount onto your CREDIT CARD. To cancel, please call Kaimana Tours at (808) 392-2223 or (808) 230-0023, or email us at [email protected]. Every canceled tour will receive a cancellation confirmation email.
- What should I wear to this activity?
Wear your bathing suit when you go to Hanauma Bay for snorkeling.
- Why isn't the admission price to Hanauma Bay included in the tour cost?
Admission is collected on location by the State of Hawaii and all proceeds go toward the upkeep of Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve.
- Is this a guided tour?
No, this is a self-guided tour and you will not have a guide with you.
- Do I need to be able to swim to participate?
No, this is mainly a shuttle transport and snorkel equipment rental service. Please be careful and take any responsible precautions if you are not a strong swimmer.
- Are prescription snorkeling masks available?
Yes, they are available, but cost an additional fee to be paid upon check-in. Please indicate during booking so we can secure your arrangements.